Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Album of the Week

Okay, so I didn't get around to doing last week's Movie of the Week and Picture of the Week, but I'm back on track now so it's time for Album of the Week.  For this week, I'm going to have to go with Bring Me The Horizon's newest album "There is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It.  There is a Heaven, Let's Keep it a Secret."  Yes, long title.  Anyways, this album came out last month and it's been hard for me to press the eject button in my car.  The opening track "Crucify Me" starts off the album amazingly.  The track starts off softly, but quickly picks up speed and gives you that sound you're familiar with from the bands last album "Suicide Season."  From this point on, each track brings something new to the table, whether it be more of an electronic influence or more utilization of clean vocals.  There are plenty of guest spots on this album as well.  With Canadian singer Lights (Valerie Anne Poxleitner) on tracks 1 and 5, Josh Franceschi of You Me At Six on track 4, and of course the almighty Josh Scogin from The Chariot on track 12, how can you wrong?  Of course, this album isn't for all metal fans.  If you're a bigger fan of Bring Me The Horizon's first album "Count Your Blessings" and not "Suicide Season," you may not like this one.  They've continued with their more metal-core sound on this album compared to the sound of Blessings' more grind-core sound.  Of course, I recommend this to anyone who has yet to listen to the band.


Top tracks:
Don't Go
Black List
Visions
Blessed With A Curse

No comments:

Post a Comment