Album of the Week
One word: Nocturne. That is the title of my Album of the Week. It's by a little band called The Human Abstract. I heard this album back in 2007, I believe, and immediately fell in love with it. The first song I heard was "Crossing the Rubicon," a track filled with amazing guitar work by none other than A.J. Minette, and amazing vocal range by Mr. Nathan Ells. What's really captivating about this album is the guitar work by Minette. He is a classically trained guitarist who earned a music degree at Loyola Marymount University. Every song is completely different musically, which is something most people will not say about metal. Vocally, Nathan Ells is a force to be reckoned with. He has an amazing singing voice as well as a murderous scream. I encourage anyone who listens to metal to check this out, but I'm sure you already have.
Top tracks:
Vela, Together We Await the Storm
Crossing the Rubicon
Polaris
Self Portraits of the Instincts
No comments:
Post a Comment